Committee Specification (CS) is the next level of approval on the Standards Track. CSs are identified by stage identifier and approval date.
- Committee Specification 01 - 15 October 2010 (CSPRD02 approved as CS)
- Committee Specification 02 - 2 March 2011 (CSPRD04 approved as 2nd CS)
Approval of a Committee Specification
- Only Committee Specification Public Review Drafts can be approved as Committee Specifications. A Special Majority Ballot is required and must be conducted by the OASIS TC Administrator. The TC must first approve a motion to request a Special Majority Ballot which must include the CSPRD number and approval date.
- Upon approval, the Chair or other representative of the TC must notify TC Administration by completing a Committee Specification Ballot Request.
UPON RECEIPT, TC Administration will:
- review the meeting minutes or electronic ballot, and the comment resolution log,
- verify the voting roster, and
- either return the request to the TC if deficient OR create an electronic ballot that will run for at least 7 days (the TC may request a longer voting period).
UPON COMPLETION OF THE BALLOT, TC Administration will:
- notify the TC of the results, and if approved
- create the official CS by prepending the proper introductory pages, Notices, and other boilerplate text,
- upload all files to docs.oasis-open.org,
- add the appropriate entry to the TC's document repository,
- update the master Work Product spreadsheet, TC home page and TC Work Products page, and
- notify the OASIS Membership of the approval.
A Work Product that has been approved by the TC as a CS may be further revised by continuing to make modifications to the Working Draft; may be further advanced, or may be the end state for the Work Product. Often a Work Product will remain at the Committee Specification stage for a period of time while implementations are developed and tested. Only when a TC has received at least three Statements of Use from OASIS Organizational Members certifying that they have successfully implemented or are using the specification in accordance with the specification's conformance clause(s) is the TC able to progress the Work Product to Candidate OASIS Standard and submit it for OASIS Standard ballot.
NOTE: Only CSs can be further advanced as Candidate OASIS Standards (COS).
NEXT: Candidate OASIS Standards
Please report any errors or corrections to the OASIS TC Administrator. Thank you!