Committee Note (CN) is the highest level of approval on the Non-Standards Track. CNs are identified by stage identifier and approval date.
- Committee Note 01 - 15 October 2010 (CND-PR02 approved as CN)
- Committee Note 02 - 2 March 2011 (CND-PR04 approved as 2nd CN)
Approval of a Committee Note
- Only Committee Note Public Review Drafts can be approved as Committee Notes. A Special Majority Ballot is required and must be conducted by the OASIS TC Administrator. The TC must first approve a motion to request a Special Majority Ballot which must include the CNPRD number and approval date.
- Upon approval, the Chair or other representative of the TC must notify TC Administration by completing a Committee Note Ballot Request.
UPON RECEIPT, TC Administration will:
- review the meeting minutes or electronic ballot, and the comment resolution log,
- verify the voting roster, and
- either return the request to the TC if deficient OR create an electronic ballot that will run for at least 7 days (the TC may request a longer voting period).
UPON COMPLETION OF THE BALLOT, TC Administration will:
- notify the TC of the results, and if approved
- create the official CN by prepending the proper introductory pages, Notices, and other boilerplate text,
- upload all files to docs.oasis-open.org,
- add the appropriate entry to the TC's document repository,
- update the master Work Product spreadsheet, TC home page and TC Work Products page, and
- notify the OASIS Membership of the approval.
A Work Product that has been approved by the TC as a CN may be further revised by continuing to make modifications to the Working Draft; most often no further revisions will be made unless a new Version is created and the cycle repeated from the beginning.
Please report any errors or corrections to the OASIS TC Administrator. Thank you!