Candidate OASIS Standards
Candidate OASIS Standard (COS) is the pentultimate level approval stage on the Standards Track. COSs are identified by stage identifier and approval date.
- Candidate OASIS Standard 01 - 15 October 2010 (CS01 approved as COS)
The Candidate OASIS Standard stage is made up of several sequential steps:
- A Special Majority Ballot indicating the TC's approval to submit the CS to the OASIS membership for consideration as an OASIS Standard
- The formal submission request
- A (minimum) 60-day Public Review
- Depending on the results of the review:
- withdrawing the Candidate OASIS Standard,
- a Special Majority Ballot to approve proceeding with the member-wide ballot, or
- member-wide 14-day ballot to approve the COS as an OASIS Standard.
Special Majority Ballot Request
- Only Committee Specifications can be approved as Candidate OASIS Standards. A Special Majority Ballot is required and must be conducted by the OASIS TC Administrator. The TC must first approve a motion to request a Special Majority Ballot which must include the CS number and approval date. The TC must also have received at least three Statements of Use before it can proceed.
- Upon approval, the Chair or other representative of the TC must notify TC Administration by completing a Committee OASIS Standard Submission Ballot Request.
UPON RECEIPT, TC Administration will:
- review the meeting minutes or electronic ballot, the comment resolution log, and the statements of use,
- verify the voting roster, and
- either return the request to the TC if deficient OR create an electronic ballot that will run for at least 7 days (the TC may request a longer voting period).
UPON COMPLETION OF THE BALLOT, TC Administration will:
- notify the TC of the results, and if approved
- create the official COS by prepending the proper introductory pages, Notices, and other boilerplate text,
- upload all files to docs.oasis-open.org,
- add the appropriate entry to the TC's document repository, and
- update the master Work Product spreadsheet, TC home page and TC Work Products page.
Candidate OASIS Standard Submission Request
The TC Chair or other representative must then complete the Candidate OASIS Standard Submission Request which contains all of the requisite items outlined in the TC Process.
UPON RECEIPT, TC Administration will, within 15 days:
- review the submission, and
- either return the request to the TC if deficient OR
- announce the Public Review to OASIS Members and any other lists or individuals identified by the TC, and
- update the OASIS home page and TC home page.
All feedback must be submitted via the comment list; no TC Member should forward a comment that was sent to them privately to the TC mailing list. Members of the TC must submit their feedback directly to the TC mailing list.
A Comment Resolution Log must be maintained. For each comment received, it should contain:
- a link to the original message in the TC comment or TC email archives,
- the name of the submitter,
- a summary of the comment, and
- the disposition of the comment.
If any changes are deemed necessary by the TC as a result of the Public Review, the submission must be withdrawn and a new Working Draft must be produced.
Candidate OASIS Standard Review Results
The TC Chair or other representative must notify TC Administration of the results of the Public Review by submitting the Candidate OASIS Standard Review Results form, indicating one of three possible next steps:
- 1. Comments were received and changes will result. Please withdraw the COS submission.
The OASIS TC Administrator will announce to the membership that the COS has been withdrawn and no ballot will take place at the current time.
- 2. Comments were received but no changes are to be made. Please conduct special majority ballot to affirm proceeding with member-wide ballot for OASIS Standard.
The TC Administrator will begin a 7-day Special Majority Ballot to affirm the TC's desire to proceed with the OASIS Standard ballot. If the resolution is approved, the TC Administrator will then begin teh 14-day member-wide ballot to approve the COS as an OASIS Standard.
- 3. No comments were received. Please proceed with member-wide ballot for OASIS Standard.
The TC Administrator will begin the 14-day member-wide ballot to approve the COS as an OASIS Standard within 7 days.
NEXT: OASIS Standard Approval Ballots
Please report any errors or corrections to the OASIS TC Administrator. Thank you!