Committee Specification Drafts
Committee Specification Draft (CSD) is the first level approval stage on the Standards Track. CSDs are identified by stage identifier and approval date.
- Committee Specification Draft 01 - 15 October 2010 (WD03 approved as CSD);
- Committee Specification Draft 02 - 2 December 2010 (WD07 approved as 2nd CSD);
- Committee Specification Draft 03 - 12 March 2011 (WD08 approved as 3rd CSD).
IMPORTANT: Before a Working Draft is approved as a CSD by a TC, the editor should carefully review the document to ensure it meets the Work Product Quality Requirements. The Work Product Quality Checklist is designed for this purpose. If problems are encountered during the quality review the editor will need to make the necessary changes, upload a new Working Draft to the TC repository, and then request the TC to approve the new Working Draft.
Approval of a Committee Specification Draft
- A Working Draft must be approved by a Full Majority Vote of the TC as a
Committee Specification Draft (CSD) before any further lifecycle progression can occur.
- The motion to approve a WD at CSD level must include the Working Draft identifier for a resource which has been published at the time of the motion, including: title, publication date, and URI. For the Working Draft URI, please provide a link to a ZIP file containing all of the necessary resources, including the editable source of the Working Draft and any related resources such as namespace document drafts, XML schema files, XML instances, and all files that are part of the Work Product.
- Upon approval, the Chair or other representative of the TC must notify TC Administration by completing a Committee Specification Draft Creation and Upload Request.
UPON RECEIPT, TC Administration will:
- review the meeting minutes or the results of the electronic ballot,
- ensure that the Working Draft provided meets the Work Product Quality requirements,
- create the official CSD by prepending the proper introductory pages, Notices, and other boilerplate text,
- generate the HTML and PDF formats,
- upload all files to docs.oasis-open.org,
- add the appropriate entry to the TC's document repository, and
- update the master Work Product spreadsheet, TC home page and TC Work Products page.
NOTE: TC Administration uses OpenOffice to process .odt files. If you are using a different application to maintain these files it is possible that the page layout and formatting will not be the same due to implementation differences.
A Work Product that has been approved by the TC as CSD may be further revised by continuing to make modifications to the Working Draft, OR the TC may approve by Full Majority Vote to submit the CSD for Public Review.
NOTE: Only CSDs can be approved for Public Review; a Working Draft must first be approved as a CSD. The motion must include the CSD revision number and date of approval and be recorded in the meeting minutes.
NEXT: Public Reviews
Please report any errors or corrections to the OASIS TC Administrator. Thank you!