60-day Public Review
The purpose of a public review is to solicit feedback from non-TC members on the specification under development in hopes that a broader review will help spot errors, clarify any ambiguities, and improve the overall quality of the work.
- Technical Committee approves the latest iteration of the work product as a Committee Draft.
- Technical Committee then approves submitting the work product for a 60-day Public Review.
- Editor prepares Public Review Draft
- Chair submits request to TC Administrator
- TC Administrator reviews submission
- Return for defects
- Announce to OASIS Membership and interested parties
During the public review period, comments are sent to the Technical Committee comment e-mail list. Comments are typically discussed by the committee as they are received. All submitted comments must be discussed by the committee, with the resolutions noted in a comment log.
At the end of the review period, the Technical Committee can:
- continue to further revise the work product,
- make no changes and request a Committee Specification ballot,
- make non-substantive changes, approve a new Committee Draft, and request a Committee Specification ballot, or
- make substantive changes, approve a new Committee Draft, and request an additional 15-day (minimum) review.
OASIS Technical Committee Process Policy - Public Reviews
2008 OASIS Open