B.1.2 Changes from DITA 1.0 to DITA 1.1
(Non-normative) The DITA 1.1 specification was designed to be backwards-compatible with
applications that conform to the DITA 1.0 specification.
The following major changes to the architecture provided added functionality for DITA 1.1:
- A <bookmap> specialization for encoding book-specific information in a DITA map
- A <glossentry> specialization for glossary entries
- Indexing specializations for see, see-also, page ranges, and sort order
- Improvements to graphic scaling capability
- Improved short description flexibility through a new <abstract> element
- Specialization support for new global attributes, such as conditional processing
- Support for integration of existing content structures through the <foreign>
- Support for new kinds of information and structures through the <data> and
- Formalization of conditional processing profiles
Return to main page.
DITA v1.2 CD 03
Copyright © OASIS Open 2005, 2010. All Rights Reserved.