XACML Bibliography, Version 1.4
Copyright© OASIS Open 2004 All Rights
Editor: Anne Anderson, Sun Microsystems
Updated: 04/10/21 (yy/mm/dd)
This bibliography includes papers, articles, presentations,
specifications, and other publications that contain
substantial information about XACML or make use of XACML in a
substantial way. These are listed here solely for the
information of parties interested in XACML. By including
these links, neither the XACML TC, nor OASIS itself, is
endorsing, recommending, or guaranteeing the accuracy of
these publications in any way. This list may be modified at
any time as further information about these or other
publications becomes known.
- Extensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML), by
Robin Cover, Cover Pages page on XACML. Updated regularly.
Available at http://xml.coverpages.org/xacml.html.
- Administrative Delegation in XACML, by Erik Rissanen, Babak
Sadighi Firozabadi. Swedish Institute of Computer Science. 2
Sept 2004. Submitted to W3C Workshop on Constraints and
Capabilities for Web Services. Available at http://www.w3.org/2004/08/ws-cc/erbsf-20040902.
- Constraints and Capabilities for Web Services, Anne
Anderson, ed., Sun Microsystems, Inc. 27 Aug 2004.
Submitted to W3C Workshop on Constraints and Capabilities for
Web Services. Available at http://www.w3.org/2004/08/ws-cc/aaccws-20040827.
- A Comparison of EPAL and XACML, by Anne Anderson, Sun
Microsystems, Inc. 12 July 2004. Available at http://research.sun.com/projects/xacml/CompareEPALandXACML.html.
- eXtensible Access
Control Markup Language: XACML im Vergleich mit P3P und
EPAL, by Stefan Berthold, Technische Universitaet
Dresden, Fakultaet Informatik, 28 June 2004. Available at http://dud.inf.tu-dresden.de/~kriegel/ss04/hauptseminar/Berthold2004_HS_XACML.pdf.
- Comparing WSPL and WS-Policy, by Anne Anderson, Sun
Microsystems, Inc. 8 June 2004. IEEE Policy 2004 Workshop.
Paper available at http://research.sun.com/projects/xacml/Policy2004.pdf.
Slides available at http://www.policy-workshop.org/2004/slides/Anderson-WSPL_vs_WS-Policy_v2.pdf.
- WSPL: an XACML-based Web Services Policy Language, by
Anne Anderson, Sun Microsystems, Inc. 2004. Available at http://research.sun.com/projects/xacml/wspl_intro.pdf.
- Evaluation of XML Technologies as Applied to Access
Control, by David Staggs (SAIC) for Dept. of Veterans
Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Office of
Information, 13 Sept 2004. Available at http://www.va.gov/rbac/docs/Veterans_Administration_Lab_Eval_of_XML_Technologies.pdf.
- RSVP policy control using XACML, by E. Toktar,
E. Jamhour, and G. Maziero, Policies for Distributed Systems
and Networks, 2004. POLICY 2004. Proceedings. Fifth IEEE
International Workshop on , 7-9 June 2004, Pages:87 - 96
- XACML and Federated Identity, by Hal Lockhart, BEA
Systems, NASA Scientific and Engineering Workstation
Procurement (SEWP) Security Symposium, 1 June 2004.
- Access management for distributed systems: Role-based
cascaded delegation, by Roberto Tamassia, Danfeng Yao,
William H. Winsborough. June 2004. Proceedings of the ninth
ACM symposium on Access control models and technologies.
- CCOW Healthcare Implementation Using OASIS Standards,
by Ed Coyne, Veterans Health Administration, 28-29 April
2004. VHA Health Information Architecture. Available at http://www.va.gov/rbac/docs/VHA_OASIS_CCOW_Briefing.ppt.
- XML Web Services and Security, by Bob Daly. Date
uncertain. Available at http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~bdaly/cde/security/WebServicesSecurityIS219.html.
- Modeling Delegation of Rights in a simplified XACML with
Haskell, by Frank Siebenlist, Argonne Nat. Labs/Global
Grid Forum, 18 Nov 2003. Available at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~franks/haskell/XacmlDelegationHaskell0.html.
- An XACML-based Policy Management and Authorization Service
for Globus Resources, by Markus Lorch, Dennis Kafura,
Sumit Shah, Virginia Tech, Fourth International Workshop on
Grid Computing, Phoenix, AZ, 17 Nov 2003. Available at http://csdl.computer.org/comp/proceedings/grid/2003/2026/00/20260208abs.htm.
- Certificate-based authorization policy in a PKI
environment, by Mary R. Thompson, Abdelilah Essiari,
Srilekha Mudumbai. ACM Transactions on Information and
System Security (TISSEC), Volume 6 Issue 4. November 2003.
- First Experiences Using XACML for Access Control in
Distributed Systems, by Markus Lorch, Seth
Proctor, Rebekah Lepro, Dennis Kafura and Sumit Shah.
Presented at the ACM Workshop on XML Security 31 October
2003, Fairfax, VA, USA. Slides available at http://zuni.cs.vt.edu/publications/xml-security-xacml-experiences-presentation.pdf.
- XML security: Certificate validation service using XKMS
for computational grid, by Namje Park, Kiyoung Moon,
Sungwon Sohn. 31 October 2003. Proceedings of the 2003 ACM
workshop on XML security.
- Access control: An access control framework for business
processes for web services, by Hristo Koshutanski, Fabio
Massacci. 31 October 2003. Proceedings of the 2003 ACM
workshop on XML security.
- The Formal Semantics of XACML, by Polar Humenn, Syracuse
University, Oct 2003. Available at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200310/pdf00000.pdf.
- Virtual enterprise access control requirements, by
M. Coetzee, J. H. P. Eloff. September 2003. Proceedings of
the 2003 annual research conference of the South African
institute of computer scientists and information
technologists on Enablement through technology
- XACML J2SE[TM] Platform Policy Profile, by Anne
Anderson, Sun Microsystems, Inc. 21 July 2003. Available at
- XACML: a new standard protects content in the enterprise data
exchange, XMLMania, 7 July 2003. Available at http://www.xmlmania.com/documents_article_8.php.
- An Introduction to XACML, by Michael Armstrong, SANS
Institute, 29 June 2003. Available at http://www.giac.org/practical/GSEC/Michael_Armstrong_GSEC.pdf.
- XACML: A New Standard Protects Content in Enterprise Data
Exchange, Java.Sun.Com technical article, 24 June 2003.
Available at http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Security/xacml/xacml.html.
- XACML, Quickstudy by Russell Kay, Computerworld, 19
May 2003. Available at http://www.computerworld.com/developmenttopics/development/story/0,10801,81295,00.html.
- An XACML Glossary, by Russell Kay, Computerworld, 19 May
2003. Available at http://www.computerworld.com/developmenttopics/development/story/0,10801,81294,00.html.
- Digital rights management and fair use by design: Fair
use, DRM, and trusted computing, by John S. Erickson.
April 2003. Communications of the ACM, Volume 46 Issue 4.
- Multimedia and visualization: Self-manifestation of
composite multimedia objects to satisfy security
constraints, by Vijayalakshmi Atluri, Nabil Adam, Ahmed
Gomaa, Igg Adiwijaya. March 2003. Proceedings of the 2003
ACM symposium on Applied computing.
- XACML -- A No-Nonsense Developer's Guide, by Vance
McCarthy, Enterprise Developer News, 24 Feb 2003.
Available at http://www.idevnews.com/TipsTricks.asp?ID=57.
- Getting Started with XML Security: Authorization Rules:
XML Access Control Markup Language (XACML), tutorial,
SitePoint, date uncertain. Available at http://www.sitepoint.com/article/933/8.
- Designing a distributed access control processor for
network services on the Web, by Reiner Kraft.
Proceedings of the 2002 ACM workshop on XML security.
- Dynamically authorized role-based access control for
secure distributed computation, by C. Joncheng Kuo, Polar
Humenn. November 2002. Proceedings of the 2002 ACM workshop
on XML security.
- Towards securing XML Web services, by Ernesto
Damiani, Sabrina De Capitani di Vimercati, Pierangela
Samarati. November 2002. Proceedings of the 2002 ACM
workshop on XML security.