Web Services Business Activity (WS-BusinessActivity)
February 2 2009
This document describes the WS-BusinessActivity namespace. It also contains a directory of links to related resources using Resource Directory Description Language (RDDL) 2.0.
Namespace URI Versioning Policy
The pattern of the WS-BusinessActivity namespace URI shall be:
Where yyyymm is the century, year and month chosen by the TC for that version of the namespace URI.
It is the intent of the OASIS WS-TX Technical Committee that the WS-BusinessActivity namespace URI will not change arbitrarily with each subsequent revision of the corresponding WSDL or XML Schema documents but rather change only when a subsequent revision, published in conjunction with a Committee Draft or Committee Specification results in non-backwardly compatible changes from a previously published Committee Draft or Specification.
Under this policy, the following are examples of backwards compatible changes that would not result in assignment of a new namespace URI:
- addition of new global element, attribute, complexType and simpleType definitions.
- addition of new operations within a WSDL portType or binding (along with the corresponding schema, message and part definitions).
- addition of new elements or attributes in locations covered by a previously specified wildcard.
- modifications to the pattern facet of a type definition for which the value-space of the previous definition remains valid or for which the value-space of the preponderance of instance would remain valid.
- modifications to the cardinality of elements for which the value-space of possible instance documents conformant to the previous revision of the schema would still be valid with regards to the revised cardinality rule.
Related Resources for WS-BusinessActivity
WS-Coordination namespace: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/06
WS-AtomicTransaction namespace: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wsat/2006/06