Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion (WS-RM Policy)
This document describes version 1.1 of the WS-RM Policy namespace. It also contains a directory of links to related resources using the Resource Directory Description Language (RDDL) 2.0.
Namespace URI Versioning Policy
It is the intent of the OASIS WS-RX Technical Committee that the WS-RM Policy v1.1 namespace URI will not change arbitrarily with each subsequent revision of the corresponding WSDL or XML Schema documents but rather change only when a subsequent revision, published in conjunction with a Committee Specification, results in non-backwardly compatible changes from a previously published Committee Specification.
Under this policy, the following are examples of backwards compatible changes that would not result in assignment of a new namespace URI:
- addition of new global element, attribute, complexType and simpleType definitions
- addition of new operations within a WSDL portType or binding (along with the corresponding schema, message and part definitions)
- addition of new elements or attributes in locations covered by a previously specified wildcard
- modifications to the pattern facet of a type definition for which the value-space of the previous definition remains valid or for which the value-space of the preponderance of instance would remain valid
- modifications to the cardinality of elements for which the value-space of possible instance documents conformant to the previous revision of the schema would still be valid with regards to the revised cardinality rule
Related Resources for WS-RM Policy
XML Schema for WS-RM Policy:
WS-ReliableMessaging v1.1 namespace: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200608