The role attribute defines the
role the target topic plays in relationship with the current topic. For
example, in a parent/child relationship, the role would be "parent"
when the target is the parent of the current topic, and "child" when
the target is the child of the current topic. This structure could be used to
sort and classify links at display time.
Allowable values for the
role attribute are:
- Indicates a link to a topic that is a parent of the current topic.
- Indicates a link to a direct child such as a directly nested or
- Iindicates a link between two children of the same parent topic.
- Indicates a link to a similar topic that is not necessarily part
of the same hierarchy.
- Indicates a link to the next topic in a sequence.
- Indicates a link to the previous topic in a sequence.
- Indicates a link to another topic in the same hierarchy that is
not a parent, child, sibling, next, or previous.
- Indicates a link to a topic above the parent topic.
- Indicates a link to a topic below a child topic.
- Deprecated--use the scope="external" attribute to indicate
- Indicates any other kind of relationship or role. Enter that role
as the value for the otherrole attribute.
Using the -dita-use-conref-target value for more