126.96.36.199 The format attribute
The format attribute identifies the format of the resource
being cross referenced. The processing default for format is "dita". If no value is specified, but the attribute
is specified on an ancestor within a map or within the related-links
section, the value will cascade from the closest ancestor.
Using the format attribute
for this attribute include:
- The destination uses DITA topic markup or markup specialized from
a DITA topic. Unless otherwise specified, the corresponding default
type will be treated as "topic."
- The format of the linked-to resource is HTML or XHTML.
- The format of the linked-to resource is PDF (opens a new window).
- The linked-to resource is a DITA map. It represents the referenced
hierarchy at the current point in the referencing map. References
to other maps may occur at any point in a map, but because relationship
tables are only valid as children of a map, referenced relationship
tables are treated as children of the referencing map.
- (no value)
- Processors default to "dita"
For other formats, you can use the file extension
without the "." (for example, in a link to file "readme.txt",
use "txt" as the value).
Return to main page.
DITA v1.2 CD 03
Copyright © OASIS Open 2005, 2010. All Rights Reserved.