The role attribute
The role attribute defines the role the
target topic plays in relationship with the current topic. For example, in
a parent/child relationship, the role would be "parent" when the
target is the parent of the current topic, and "child" when the
target is the child of the current topic. This structure could be used to
sort and classify links at display time.
Allowable values for the role attribute
- Indicates a link to a topic that is a parent of the current topic.
- Indicates a link to a direct child such as a directly nested or dependent
- Iindicates a link between two children of the same parent topic.
- Indicates a link to a similar topic that is not necessarily part of the
- Indicates a link to the next topic in a sequence.
- Indicates a link to the previous topic in a sequence.
- Indicates a link to another topic in the same hierarchy that is not a
parent, child, sibling, next, or previous.
- Indicates a link to a topic above the parent topic.
- Indicates a link to a topic below a child topic.
- Deprecated--use the scope="external" attribute to indicate external
- Indicates any other kind of relationship or role. Enter that role as the
value for the otherrole attribute.
- See Using the -dita-use-conref-target value for more information.
Return to main page.
OASIS DITA Version 1.1 Language Specification -- OASIS Standard, 1 August 2007
Copyright © OASIS Open 2005, 2007. All Rights Reserved.